Monday, January 2, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Blase!!

When Lizzy told me that she was getting married, I was so excited! I first met Lizzy back in the days of Myspace, (remember that?) I was just delving into the wide world of Senior Portrait Photography and I was looking for my first ambassador/model/street-team-member. I didn't know what I was even going to call this person, but I was looking for someone to help me jump start the portrait side of my business. Some how I found Lizzy. She was willing to help from the beginning...she wasn't even a senior then. She was either a Sophomore or a Junior. (I checked Facebook, and we've been friends on there since March 2008) We kept in touch and eventually scheduled a photo shoot. She was and is such a sweetheart, so easy to work with and fun. She made me excited about my decision to start photographing seniors more.

Fast-forward to September 2010, Lizzy posted this sweet message on my wall:

Lizzy: Comfort! I can't believe how far you've come since you first shot me :) your pictures are so beautiful! Hope all is well :) PS- will you do my engagement and wedding pictures too?!

Me: Hey Lizzy girl!! Thank you so much!!! And duh, I better be doing your engagement and wedding pics one day....but not anytime soon missy!!

Little did I know that just over a year after this message she would actually be walking down the aisle!!

February 2011:

Me: Oh Lizzy I can't believe you're growing up on me lol...HAppy Birthday!! And you just have to let me photograph your wedding....i wouldn't have it any other way and I wont take no for an answer :) ♥

Lizzy: end of Spring/beginning of Summer is what we're planning for! So I reallly hope you aren't too busy because I couldn't have a wedding without you as my photographer!

Lizzy kept me involved all along the way, from color schemes to dresses, she kept me in the loop the whole time. I was so excited when I got to meet Curt at our engagement session one week before the wedding. Curt is in the Air Force, so planning a wedding was a bit challenging. I am so glad that their timing worked out perfectly.

I am so happy to have been a part of their big day. It has been awesome to watch Lizzy go from a high school student to a blushing bride. Now she's off to North Dakota to start a new chapter in life. Thank God for Facebook and texting!! I will no doubt be creepin' on her profile to make sure that I don't have to do her maternity pics soon. Not ready for that!! :)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Church: St. John Neuman Reception: Autumn Lakes Hair: Sarah Buchsieb b/rose Beauty Bar Makeup: Hayley Hanawalt Cup Cakes: Pink Moon Cupcake Bakery DJ: A Solid Gold Sound

No comments:

Post a Comment